Call For Submissions: Canadian Blast BBQ and Showcase at SXSW 2014
CIMA is soliciting submissions for the 2014 Canadian Blast BBQ and Showcase at SXSW on Wednesday, March 12, 2014, from 1-6 PM.
CIMA’s signature kick-off to Canadian Blast at SXSW is a high-profile event that draws thousands of SXSW delegates and hundreds of VIP international delegates and media. 2014 marks the ninth year for this showcase and business development opportunity at the largest, most influential and important music festival/conference in North America
This year’s line-up will draw from the full spectrum of musical styles and Canadian regions to showcase the best in indie music in Canada in 2014.
Criteria for submission:
- Artist must meet the export-ready requirements
- Artist must have a business representative in attendance at the Showcase who is:
- Registered as a SXSW delegate and
- Registered with the Canadian Blast SXSW B2B initiative (speed-dating, networking events).
- Artist/Business representative must pay CIMA a fee of $25 per submission (cheque, Mastercard or VISA)
- Artist/Business representative must complete a post-event survey
- Artist/Business representative must continue to report back on successes resulting from B2B opportunities at SXSW
How to submit your artist
To submit your artist for consideration for the 2014 Canadian Blast BBQ and Showcase at SXSW please fill out this showcase submission form and remit your $25 fee.
Canadian Blast and SXSW Registration
Click here to register as a SXSW delegate and CIMA Canadian Blast registrant. CIMA is offering the ‘early-bird’ SXSW badge rate to Canadian Blast registrants up to October 18th.
Please complete the showcase submission form prior to end of day Friday, November 1st. The final Canadian Blast showcase line-up will be selected by CIMA’s Talent Committee.
Successful applicants will be notified by end of November 2013 and their names will be published on the CIMA website.
After completing the submissions form, please contact Emy Stantcheva email@example.com or 416-485-3152416-485-3152 ext. 221, with your credit card information (cardholder name , card number, expiry date and security code).
If paying be cheque please send payment to:
Canadian Blast Submission Fee SXSW 2014
30 St. Patrick Street – 2nd Floor
Toronto, ON M5T 3A3
- Music Managers Forum Canada: The Manager’s Huddle!
- Uprise.FM: A Music Streaming Service For The Artist Company
- Using Facebook To Promote A Band/Artist? Here’s What You Need to Know About Their New Platform Policy
- Submissions Open: 2015 Eastlink East Coast Music Week
- Western Canadian Music Alliance Announces New Executive Director: Robyn Stewart!