Canadian Blast @ SXSW 2013
Music & Media Festival, Austin Texas, March 2013
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) brings the compelling story of Canada's best music to festivals and markets around the world with its Canadian Blast project. SXSW is among the most influential of them all, drawing culture and lifestyle media in the thousands and key opinion leaders in the tens of thousands. Exposure at SXSW can lead to breakthroughs in the international scene; partnerships forged in Texas can open doors around the world.
CIMA and Canadian Blast have driven a high-profile Canadian presence during the music portion of the festival for the past eight years, minimising the cost and the risks for Canadian music entrepreneurs while maximising reach and results.
CIMA is reaching out to Canadian artists, companies and associations looking for an opportunity to raise their brand profile at SXSW. The Canadian Blast is a made-to-measure solution for the challenges of doing business at SXSW, but also the opportunity to take advantage of the brand recognition that CIMA has built at SXSW.
Canadian Blast includes:
The Canada Stand
- A large footprint at SXSW in front of more than 60,000 delegates from the US and around the world and 3500+ media reps from trend-setting lifestyle media outlets.
- Targeted business development in the form of B2B match-made meetings with international delegates looking for business leads, partners and content.
- Media outreach - aggressive media outreach to domestic trade and general media
- Social media outreach - Canadian Blast has a very-well subscribed website, Facebook page, twitter feed and blog. Our social media experts run focused campaigns during SXSW.
- A high visibility marketing campaign which involves signage, SXSW magazine ads, a media relations consultant, social media, music and video streaming, and on-the-ground marketing campaign with posters, laminates and handouts.
- The Canada Stand at 4-day film/interactive/music combined trade show.
- A kick-off event for thousands of delegates to the SXSW festival as well as hundreds of VIPs including media: Canadian Blast BBQ on March 13
- A SXSW "residency" for 3 days and 3 nights, Canadian Blast establishes Canada House at Friends Bar on 6th Street, March 14-16.
at the trade show (Sunday, March 10 – Wednesday, March 13)
A convenient business platform in the Convention Centre for messages, meetings, displays and a spot to recharge your batteries.
Marketing and PR
- Canada Stand enjoys a 20" X 20" foot display and meeting space on an end cap in the international corridor.
- CIMA discount on each SXSW music badge registration for individual participants
- Turnkey operation with manager and greeters on hand at the Stand.
- Access to more than 60,000 delegates from the US and around the world and 3500+ media reps from trend-setting lifestyle media outlets.
- Representing 50-75 top Canadian companies in film, interactive and music.
- Join the Canada Stand and:
- Let our team take messages for you and hand out your promo material.
- Book the Stand meeting space.
- Show your film trailers, video clips or interactive content at the Stand.
- Host a hospitality event at the Canada Stand, for example, morning coffee break, happy hour or the SXSW Block Party (additional costs required).
- Stage demos, giveaways etc. in the stand.
- Placement for your SXSW showcases (official showcases, Canadian artists only) in Canadian Blast promo material:
- Canadian Blast posters (1000s to be posted around SXSW throughout Austin)
- Gig Guide on Canadian Blast website along with artist profiles and interviews
- Canadian Blast Digital Download Sampler
- SoundCloud streamed music playlists
- Your company Canadian Blast web profile page – with capabilities for streaming (music and video).
- Send 2 company reps to the VIP International Reception at the Canadian Blast BBQ (March 13, Brush Square); VIP pass for Canada House day-time shows.
- Participate in Country Connections, our exclusive one-on-one meetings with hand-picked delegates from key markets.
- Invite 5 key international contacts in your network to the VIP Reception at the Canadian Blast BBQ.
For more info, email Donna Murphy or Jennifer Price at SXSW@CanadianBlast.com
CIMA brings the compelling story of Canada's best music to festivals and markets around the world with a multi-faceted collective marketing and promotion initiative, the Canadian Blast. CIMA gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our Canadian partners and sponsors: Audio-Video Licensing Agency Inc. (AVLA), Canadian Music Week (CMW), the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (FACTOR), the Government of Canada (through GOA/DFAIT and MEC/Canadian Heritage), Harvard Broadcasting, Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC), the Radio Starmaker Fund, and the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN).